For transport contracts or flights within the territory of the Republic of Guatemala, the carrier's responsibility and obligations are subject to the carrier's General Contracting Conditions, the Civil Aviation Law and its Regulations, and the other Civil Aviation regulations. that are applicable. See the General Conditions of Contract of the carrier for information on the limitations of liability for death and / or damage and injury to passengers and for the loss or damage of luggage. The carrier's General Contracting Conditions are incorporated by reference and form part of this transport contract.
If the passenger's flight includes as a destination point or a stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules relating to International Air Transport or the Warsaw Convention and its modifications, may be applicable and it regulates and at the same time limits the liability of the carrier for death and / or damage and injury to the passenger and for loss or damage to luggage. See the General Conditions of Contract of the carrier for information on the limitations of liability for death and / or damage and injury to passengers and for the loss or damage of luggage.
ALL TICKETS ISSUED OR PACKAGES ISSUED ARE NOT REFUNDABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THE CUSTOMER WAIVES TO REQUEST ANY KIND OF CHARGE FOR THE PURCHASE OF AIR TICKETS OR PACKAGES MADE WITH A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD ON THE WEB SITE OF TRASPORTES AEREOS GUATEMALTECOS SA AS WELL AS THE LINK OF NON-PRESENT PAYMENT. THE CLEINTE ACCEPTS THAT THE TRANSACTIONS IN THE WEBSITE ARE NOT PRESENTIAL FOR WHICH IT DISCLAIMS TO REQUEST AGAINST CHARGES.
General Contract Conditions for Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos, S.A. (TAG)
For the purposes of this contract, ticket or ticket refers to this airline ticket and the baggage stub of which these conditions and notifications are part; Carrier means all carriers or transport companies that transport or undertake to transport the passenger and their luggage under this contract or to provide any other service incidental to this air transport contract; and the Warsaw Convention, refers to the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Air Transport signed in Warsaw, Poland on October 12, 1929, or that Convention as it has been modified by subsequent treaties, whatever (n ) applicable.
- This air transport contract is subject to the rules and limitations of liability established in the Warsaw Convention and its modifications, unless air transport is not an international transport as defined by said Convention. The incorporated terms, rules and limitations of liability include, among others: a) Rules, norms and limits regarding the carrier's liability for personal injury or death; b) Rules, norms and limits of liability of the carrier for damage to luggage; c) Rules and restrictions on the procedural actions that the passenger can exercise against the carrier, as well as the expiration dates of the actions that the passenger can file against it; d) The carrier's rights to change the terms of the contract; e) Norms and rules on the reconfirmation of reservations, on registration or check-in and on the power of the carrier to deny transportation to the passenger; and on f) the limitations of the carrier's responsibility for the delay or delay in the arrival of the luggage.
- In the event that the contract is not subject to the Rules of the Warsaw Convention, this contract is subject to these General Contracting Conditions, the Guatemalan Civil Aviation Law and its Regulations, and the other Civil Aviation regulations that are applicable.
- To the extent that these General Conditions of Contract do not contradict, the transport and any other service provided by any carrier is subject to: i) the stipulations of this ticket or ticket; ii) applicable rates; iii) the General Contracting Conditions of the carriers involved and related stipulations and rules, which are incorporated by reference into this contract; and iv) applicable laws and regulations.
- Any limitation of liability applicable to Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos, Sociedad Anónima or any carrier will also apply to their employees, dependents, executives, representatives, agents and / or agents.
- No employee, dependent, executive, representative, agent and / or agents of Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos, Sociedad Anónima, of any carrier, or even the passenger himself, is empowered to modify, alter or waive any of the provisions or stipulations of this contract. .
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability that benefits Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos, Sociedad Anónima will be understood to apply and benefit its agents, employees, executives, representatives and dependents. Likewise, the same exclusions or limitations of liability will be applied to the lessors of aircraft or to any person who by any title or contract Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos, Sociedad Anónima uses its aircraft or aircraft for transportation, as well as its agents, employees, executives , representatives and its dependents.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to the bearer of the baggage receipt or stub.
- In case of damage or damage to baggage in international transport, the claim must be made in writing to the carrier immediately after discovering the damage or breakdown and, within a maximum of seven days of receipt of the baggage. In the case of delay in the arrival of luggage in international transport, the claim must be made in writing to the carrier within twenty-one (21) days from the date the luggage was delivered.
- In national transport, in the event of a breakdown or partial loss, the recipient must address the claim to the transporter within five (5) days, counted from the date of delivery. In the case of loss or destruction, the claim must be made within the same deadlines but counted from the date on which the carrier informs the owner of the luggage that the loss has occurred, or on the date the luggage should have been placed disposition of the recipient or owner of the luggage. In case of delay in delivery, the claim must be made within the same deadlines, counted as follows: a) Baggage transported on the same aircraft as the passenger, from the date of arrival of the passenger at the destination aerodrome, and b) Unaccompanied baggage, from the date the carrier informs the owner or consignee of the arrival of the baggage.
- This ticket, except as expressly provided therein, is valid for one year from the date of issue. Payment of the fare may vary prior to the commencement of carriage, and the carrier shall have the right to refuse or deny carriage to the passenger in the event that the applicable fare has not been paid.
- The carrier hereby agrees to use its best efforts to expeditiously transport the passenger and their luggage. The carrier cannot guarantee the flight schedules shown at the airport or anywhere else, and therefore, they are not part of this contract. The carrier reserves the right to substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stops stated on the ticket if necessary. Hours are subject to change and may be changed without notice. The carrier is not responsible for making connections.
- The passenger must comply with national and foreign government regulations on, among others, travel documents necessary for entry and exit from one country to another or within the territory of a state.
- The passenger must report to the carrier's facilities one hour before the scheduled flight.
- The passenger must present the ticket or ticket issued by the carrier.
- The carrier may charge the passenger the sum of one hundred United States dollars (US $ 100.00) if the passenger does not use the ticket on the date it indicates as the day of use, that is, for the day the passenger will be transported by the carrier, and will have only 48 hours after not having appeared on the flight to request a reprogramming for 100 usd, in case of not doing it in that period of time the ticket will be lost.
- The carrier may charge the passenger the sum of 15 United States dollars (US $ 15.00) per flight segment for the change of date of use of the ticket, if this change is made within 48 hours before the departure of the flight.
- Passenger's luggage must weigh a maximum of twenty (20) pounds. The carrier may pay one United States dollar ($ 1.00) for each pound of luggage in excess of the twenty pounds that are allowed as the maximum weight of the luggage of each passenger.
- The carrier's aircraft is insured in accordance with relevant international, national and civil aviation regulations for an amount that covers the entire carrier's liability under legal regulations in the event of death or personal injury to passengers and medical expenses.
- The carrier assumes no responsibility for: a) for overloaded or overfilled luggage; b) luggage that was already damaged before being delivered for transportation; c) minor damage to baggage resulting from normal wear and tear; d) loss or damage to luggage i) that the passenger carries with him in the passenger cabin, ii) photographic equipment, computers or any electrical equipment, jewelry, cash, documents, works of art or other good or object of value.
- The carrier assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage of fragile or perishable objects or goods.
- The carrier will not allow dangerous goods or materials, such as explosives, compressed air, flammable solids and liquids, oxidants, infectious or toxic, corrosive or radioactive substances, to be carried on board or for transportation.
- The passenger waives any type of claim for punitive damages or damages of any kind against the carrier and fully accepts the limitations of liability that the carrier enjoys under current international and national regulations.
- The passenger renounces the jurisdiction of his domicile and submits for any controversy arising from or related to this contract to the courts of the Republic of Guatemala.
- In the event that any term or condition of this Contract is declared null or illegal for any reason, this Contract will remain in full force in the other terms and will be interpreted as if such null or illegal term or condition is not part of it, unless the nullity of the null clause, annulled or declared illegal make the contract useless in its entirety LUGGAGE LIABILITY:
- We do not accept responsibility for small cuts, nicks or scratches commonly caused in baggage handling or the loss of wheels, handles, straps and other accessories. We also do not accept responsibility for the rupture of any compartment or its contents, nor the rupture of seams, closures or others. Maximum responsibility for the loss or damage of a bag and its contents is based on IATA standards.
- ALL FLIGHTS CLOSE 45 MINUTES BEFORE THE DEPARTURE OF THE FLIGHT.
- CHANGES OF DATE WITHIN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE DEPARTURE OF THE FLIGHT WILL HAVE A CHARGE OF 15 USD PER SEGMENT PER PASSENGER.
IF THE PASSENGER IS NO SHOW ALREADY AT THE AIRPORT IN COUNTER FOR ARRIVING WHEN THE FLIGHT IS ALREADY CLOSED OR THE PASSENGER WAS CHECKED BUT IT WILL TAKE LATE AT THE GATEWAY WILL HAVE UP TO 48 HOURS AFTER HAVING BEEN NO SHOW FOR REPRO PENALTY OF $ 100 USD. OUT OF 48 HOURS THE TICKET WILL BE LOST.
TAG Airlines as part of the biosafety protocol requests a change of the mask at the time of boarding. Present test with negative result of PCR / Antigens performed. Use of a mandatory mask. Hand washing and use of antibacterial gel.