For flight or transportation contracts inside Guatemalan boarders and the responsibility and obligations for pilots and staff are subjected to the conditions and regulations of the General Contract for carriers, the Civil Aviation law and rules that apply. For specific regulations on personal injuries, damage of luggage or in case of a decease while in flight please check our General Conditions of contract for carriers.
This regulations are incorporated and used as a reference in our transportation contract.
If the passenger’s flight includes a destination or a layover in a different country of the passenger’s starting point, The Unified Convention for several Aviation law and rules or The Warsaw Convention can be applied for the passenger’s safety. This regulations also applies limits of responsibility for the carrier in case of luggage damage, personal injuries or death. Check our General Conditions of contract for carriers for more information.
General Contract Conditions for Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos, S.A.
For technical terms we will define air ticket as the printed or digital document for a passenger to take a flight. A Carrier is defined as every employee how is in charge of transporting passengers and luggage between destinations, also other services from the aviation process. The Warsaw Convention is the document that compiles and details and unifies several aviation norms, laws and rules regarding Air Transport. This agreement was signed in Warsaw, Poland on October 12, 1929. This convention has been modified several times, but this modifications also apply.
- The present Air Transport agreement is subjected to the rules, regulations and limitations established in The Warsaw Convention, and the respective modifications. Unless the air transport is not considered as “International”, with the definition listed in The Warsaw Convention. The terms, rules and limitations of airline responsibility include among others:
- Terms, rules and limitations regarding a passenger’s injury or death.
- Terms, rules and limitations in case of damage of luggage.
- Norms and rules about legal procedures that can be done against the airline company by a customer. Also the time limits for this legal actions to take place.
- Terms on how the Carrier may change some sections of this contract.
- Norms and rules about reservations for flights, register and check-in process. Also the right of the Carrier to deny flight boarding to any passenger they believe represents a harm for others.
- Rules and limitations regarding the Carrier’s responsibility in case of delayed or cancelled flights, or luggage.
- In case this contract is not subjected to The Warsaw Convention terms and regulations, it will be regulated under the General contract Conditions, the Civil Aviation Law and rules, and any other Aviation regulations that apply.
- If it’s not contradicted in the General Conditions of Contract, transport or any other services related to Civil Aviation, every Carrier is subjected to:
- Stipulations regarding tickets.
- Applicable Air rates and taxes.
- The General Conditions of Contract for Carriers, will be applied as well to employees, staff, representatives, executives, general managers and every person that represents or works in the company.
- The laws and rules that can be applied.
- All limitations regarding the Carrier’s responsibility in fatal events or issues regarding luggage’s will also apply for employees, staff, representatives, executives, general managers and every person that represents or works in the company.
- Our employees, staff, representatives, executives, general managers and every person that represents or works in the company of Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos (TAG) Airlines is not allowed to make modifications, changes or alterations to any of the guidelines cited in this contract.
- Every exclusion or limitation of responsibility that benefits Transportes Aéreos Guatemaltecos (TAG) Airlines employees, staff, representatives, executives, general managers and every person that represents or works in the company, also applies to the Carriers, pilots, personal or aircrafts that operate under our company name and guidelines, even if they are leased under other companies or corporations.
- The registered luggage will be delivered to the passenger that presents the right documents of ownership.
- In case of damage or trouble with luggage during International flight processes, the passenger must direct a claim to the Carrier immediately after the problem ensues, or at least during the first 7 days after the luggage has been delivered to the client. In case of a delay in the delivery of the luggage, the claim must be written down and delivered to the Carrier within the first 21 days after the date the luggage was supposed to be delivered.
- In case of damage or trouble with luggage during Internal flight processes, the passenger must direct a claim to the Carrier immediately after the problem ensues, or at least during the first 5 days after the luggage has been delivered to the client. In case of damage or destruction, the Carrier is obliged to notify the passenger of this problem or the passenger can present a claim in the same period of time after the luggage was supposed to be delivered. In case of delay in the delivery of the luggage, the claim must be written down and delivered to the Carrier within the first 21 days after the date the luggage was supposed to be delivered.
- The Flight ticket, unless it has explicitly no expiration date, is valid for one year since the emission date. Payments and rates may vary due to seasonal and tax changes, the Carrier has the complete right to refuse or cancel a boarding pass if the passenger has not done a complete payment of their flight ticket.
- The Carrier has the compromise to make the best efforts in providing the best transport process to passengers and luggage. The Carrier CAN NOT guarantee the schedules of flights that are shown in the airport or in any other media and are not contemplated in this contract. The carrier can make changes of personal or aircrafts. The carrier can also make changes of connecting flights or eliminate the flights completely when necessary. All schedules can suffer sudden changes or be modified without previous notification. The carrier is not responsible for the connecting flights.
- The passenger must comply with all the Guatemalan and International laws, rules and regulations of Civil Aviation, among others, as well as the presentation of the right type of documentation before entering or leaving any territory or state.
- The passenger must be present at the Carrier installations (counter) 2 hours before the scheduled flight.
- The passenger must present a flight ticket issued by the carrier/airline company.
- The carrier can charge a penalty fee of $.100.00 USD per flight segment and per ticket, if the passenger does not take the flight in the stipulated date printed on the ticket.
- Local travelers are allowed to have registered luggage up to 20 pounds. International passengers are allowed to have registered luggage up to 35 pounds. Every additional or extra luggage will be charged at a cost of $1.00 USD per extra pound, until a maximum of 35 pounds.
- The Airline has an insurance following the regulations in accordance with international laws and regulations in case of death or injury, to cover medical and transport expenses.
19. The Carrier WILL NOT ACCEPT responsibility over the following:
- Over loaded or over packed luggage.
- Luggage that has ruptures or damage previous to the travel process.
- Minor damages like scruffs or stains derived from the use of the luggage.
- Damage or complete loss of luggage that:
- The passenger is carrying with himself in the cabin on board.
- Computers, cameras, or any electronic devices. Jewelry, money, art pieces or any other valuable assets.
- The Carrier WILL NOT ACCEPT responsibility for perishable products or fragile packages.
- The Carrier WILL NOT ACCEPT for the passenger to carry as part of their luggage dangerous materials such as explosives, compressed air devices, flammable materials in solid or liquid form, oxidants. Toxic, corrosive, radioactive or infectious substances.
- The passenger resigns the right to make claims for damages of any kind from the Carrier. The passenger also accepts the terms of exclusion or limitation of responsibility that the Airline has in this contract aligned with the national and international laws and regulations for Civil Aviation.
- The passenger will subject any claims or controversies about this contract to the respective Guatemalan court of justice.
- If any of the terms and regulations of this contract are declared illegal or null, the other terms and conditions of this document will prevail and will be taken into consideration. Unless the nullity clause is applied to the whole contract, in which the document will be not valid.
We do not accept liability for minor cuts, nicks, or scrapes incurred commonly in the handling of baggage or for the failure or loss of wheels, handles, straps and other appurtenances. We also do not accept liability for the damage or rupture of some of the luggage compartments, splitting of seams, zippers or other closures. Maximum liability for the loss or damage to a bag and its contents is based on the IATA rules.
- ALL FLIGHT GATES ARE CLOSED 45 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME.
- CHANGE OF DATES OR PASSENGER INFORMATION:
- Notify 24 hours before the day of your flight. You will have to pay a penalty of $.100.00 USD per flight segment and per ticket. The payment must be done immediately.
- Any changes done within the 48 hours before a flight period have a penalty cost of $.15.00 USD per flight segment and per ticket.
- Any changes that are requested before the 48 hour before a flight period are free of charge.
- NO SHOW:
- If you don’t arrive at the airport the day your flight is scheduled.
- To arrive late, when the flight has already been boarded and closed.
- When you don’t arrive at the gate of the Airline, even if you are in the airport.
- If you commit a NO SHOW in the first segment of your trip, the returning flight will be automatically cancelled and you will have to pay a penalty.
- You will have 48 hours since your NO SHOW to reschedule a flight. You will have to pay a penalty fee of $.100.00 USD per flight segment and ticket. If you don’t reschedule in that period of time, your ticket(s) will be lost.