SECURITY AND WELFARE
Please keep your belt fastened at all times during our flights, in case of strong turbulence or other inconvenience.
The cabin pressure is adjusted to correct altitude in the ascent (take off) and descent (landing) phase.
It is common to feel little discomfort as your ears plug.
To alleviate these discomforts we suggest that you consume caramel or chewing gum.
SPECIAL CASES (DEEP VENOUS THROMBOSIS) (DVT)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a coagulation of blood in the veins - more commonly in the legs or lower body - where blood flow has slowed.
Certain people are more susceptible to deep vein thrombosis. These include:
- People who are immobile for periods of time
- People with a family history of deep vein thrombosis or who have undergone major surgery.
- People with certain blood disorders or heart disease.
- Smoking, pregnant women and senior citizens.
- Drink plenty of water and liquids before boarding your flight.
- Limit alcohol consumption and caffeinated beverages.
- During the flight, stretch your legs and arms at regular intervals.
- Avoid crossing your legs if you are sitting.
- Move your ankles at regular intervals of time to avoid swelling in your feet.